The Brazilian Amazon Grouped Project (GPD) aims the forest conservation on private properties located in the nine states of the Legal Amazon. The GPD main goal it is to create positive economic incentives to landowners for the rainforest and Cerrado conservation in private areas, through income generation from carbon credits commercialization
Over the life of the project, the following benefits are expected:
- Estimated net GHG emission reductions: 720,470 tCO2e, corresponding to avoidance of deforestation of 1,836.5 hectares over 30-years;
- Technical training on sustainable cattle raising and forest management, fire brigades, study for a small non-wood product processing plant, production of Brazil-nuts (already in place) etc.;
- Seedling Production Nursery: capacity of 50,000 native-species seedlings per year and donation for neighbors wishing to plant.
- Implementation of technical education frameworks;
- Complementary monitoring of labor conditions in Project Area;
- Implementation of health insurance plan for workers;
- Monitoring the attendance of young in schools;
- Commercial activity in “Castanhal Fortaleza” company (job generation beyond timber management).
The GPD Project is under validation for CCB.
Got a question about our projects? Or you just want to talk with us. We are always up for a conversation.